You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/29/2019 1:29 pm  #1

Boot up the Arse

Right lads, yer Auntie HC is going to get bossy.

I have harangued poor IJ to get this board up and running as I wanted it to continue as did several others.  He has spent a considerable amount of time doing so.

Now, it is up to us to keep it going.

That means making the effort to post and also getting others to join the board. 

You are Jambos, you know other Jambos, so why not make the effort to get them to join up ?

Come on, let's make it work!

Yours in bossiness,  HC xx

5/29/2019 1:31 pm  #2

Re: Boot up the Arse

Yes, Bwana

Head of conspiracy theories

5/29/2019 2:38 pm  #3

On that, I've had a look at JKB's member list and there is one "anders", but he's no logged in since 2017, so I'm not sure if it's even worth messaging him. Unfortunately on the other hand there are about 20 odd Shugs.

I've also let the old, old guard know about the site but trust me when I say that's like to trying to herd cats in a bluebottle disco.

Also, I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to make the board show up in a Google search. There's a pretty big Luton board that uses this exact software and it's easy to find them that way. If I can crack that, then anyone with a twinge of nostalgia would be able to find us.

What I would say though is that unless things on here go supernova, we can pretty much carry on with this version of the site as long as we need to. Maybe if the domain name cost drops I'll put out a message asking if anyone can donate a tenner or whatever, but there's no costs otherwise as it all stands.

With all that said, do as HC tells you.

Last edited by IJ (5/29/2019 2:57 pm)

"The open society is one in which men have learned to be to some extent critical of taboos, and to base decisions on the authority of Neil MacFarlane"

5/30/2019 1:33 pm  #4

Re Anders, if you PM him, depending on how he's set his preferences, he may get an email notifying him of a PM.

Worth a try.

You've done a great job with this board, IJ - thanks again.

PS, I'm not getting the emojis when I post a reply.

5/30/2019 2:18 pm  #5

TESTING

Ok, seem to be working now (for me, anyway!)

Last edited by IJ (5/30/2019 2:19 pm)

"The open society is one in which men have learned to be to some extent critical of taboos, and to base decisions on the authority of Neil MacFarlane"

5/31/2019 1:04 am  #6

Me too. 

6/01/2019 1:09 pm  #7

And me

Head of conspiracy theories

6/01/2019 4:45 pm  #8

Jambojim52 wrote:

And me

You can't do them when you quote.