You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/31/2024 5:19 pm  #1

Marooned

Have been on the mainland since last Thursday. Was supposed to travel home yesterday.  Ferry cancelled due to gales yesterday and again today!  Looking likely that it'll be cancelled again tomorrow! 🤣

2/03/2024 7:23 am  #2

Re: Marooned

Oh no! Did you get put up in Ullapool? At your expense, or are there arrangements in place for such occasions?

2/08/2024 12:42 pm  #3

On the Tuesday, we got as far as Fife which was great as it meant we could stay the night with our pals there.  On the Wednesday, we were literally 100 yards from the 'Welcome to Ullapool' sign when the message came through to say it was cancelled! 

We drove back to Inverness and stayed at the Mariott hotel at the airport. £75 quid for the 2 of us for B and B,, which is an excellent price for Inverness,  PLUS, they very kindly allowed us to stay there until 3pm the following day (normally £20 extra to check out late) as we knew that we'd have a notification of any cancellation  from Calmac by then.  I'd really recommend that place if you're needing somewhere overnight to stay in Inverness!

Unfortunately, there's no compensation, and rightly so in my opinion.  An extra 75 quid isn't the end of the world.  However, Mr HC is having to take the 2 days as unpaid leave.  Fortunately I had taken the Wed off and I don't work on Thursday.

2/08/2024 3:59 pm  #4

Tricky times! Glad the Inverness hotel did you a good turn.

Board footera